Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that seem to be about YOU!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #93 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Tbf, I always thought it looked quite nice

But then I watched a documentary and it looked like a ran down shit hole, you can only go off things you hear and pictures you see unless you're lucky enough to go to the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Well the genre was born here so of course, there will always be new bands taking the influences of the area. Too much post-grunge though, for sure.

Let's see in the general area we've got the following that I listen to on a somewhat regular basis: Nirvana, Melvins, Unwound, Seeweed, Jimi Hendrix, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mad Season, 764-HERO, Waxwing, The Postal Service, Minus the Bear, The Fire Theft, Juno, These Arms Are Snakes, Akimbo, Band of Horses (no longer here), FCS North, Helvetia, The Dutchess and the Duke.

And that's omitting some I don't listen to reguarly: Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Rishloo, Fleet Foxes, The Postal Service, Death Cab For Cutie, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Mudhoney, Harkonen, Love as Laughter, The Halo Benders, Lync.

Then think of all the good bands from Portland just a few hours away!
I'm very indifferent to Grunge and I f*cking hate Post-Grunge.
But overall, you have some great bands.
I had no idea Melvins were from Seattle. Another +1 for Seattle.
You left Modest Mouse off both your lists, I hope that's because I mentioned them earlier

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote