Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #5774 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
There's Subterranean Modern, but it only compiled The Residents, Tuxedomoon, Chrome and MX-80 Sound. Oh yeah there's one more compilation also from Ralph Rec that has Snakefinger and Renaldo and the Loaf on it, two more great acts. But, I was thinking of some new, more extensive compilation that would focus on lesser known bands.
Found. Red Spot compilation with Fried Abortions, Minimal Man, The Wounds, Animal Things, Eazy Teeth, Research Labratories, Arsenal, and Micon it looks like. According to Terminal Boredom, which I find to be a fantastic resource for finding new music, this is pretty much exactly what you were talking about... San Francisco's version of No New York. The article goes way in depth about the whole scene too, you should definitely check it out: Terminal Boredom

I haven't found it yet, but I'll shoot you a link if I do. Please do the same for me, I guess this is something I should check out as The Wounds and Flipper are there with The Screamers. And I didn't even know that's where The Residents came from.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote