Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #6602 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

A bunch of my best friends are going to the midnight showing of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" tomorrow. I really want to go, but probably can't.

The reason?

In May of 2007, I joined the cast and played Janet for a few weeks, before becoming the primary Magenta. In December of that year, I became both Frank N. Furter and the director of the show, in charge of blocking, overseeing costumes, cast relations, and casting the show each week.

In April of 2009, I was involved with a theatrical production which was taking up a substantial bit of my time. I told the producer / cast leader (basically the dude who got the cast up and running and left the actual running of the show to others because he's a lazy ****) that I was going to have to go on hiatus for a few months because I had a show that I was working on which was far more time-consuming than usual (It was half an hour from my house in the opposite direction from the Rocky cast, which was twenty minutes away, and I couldn't consistently do the 50 minute commute).

He told me that I made a commitment to the show, and that I was being a stupid bitch. I told him that I had made a commitment, but I had also given him notice that I would be unable to fulfill my duties for a two month period so as not to leave him high and dry. He told me Rocky was more important. I told him I was doing legitimate theatre and needed the change and some time off. He told me not to come back. Ever.

When that happened, I was pissed off, and called some of my friends in the cast to tell them what went down. They were enraged and called him up to resign from the cast.

Two weeks later, the theatre pulled the show. He blames this all on me. I understand that I was the one who needed time off, but if he'd just allowed me this, there'd have been time for my understudy to train, in addition to more members to his cast.

They were just allowed to (after all this time) do two midnight shows Halloween weekend. He apparently still blames me for everything.

Rocky Horror took up almost two years of my life...longer if the time I spent as an audience member (January of 2007 on) counts. I just want to go and see the show, hang out with my friends (who are also going, but he holds no grudge against them, so they're apparently cool to go) and get out of the house for a good time for once.

But no. That apparently can't happen.

I don't understand this very well, as he's completely irrational. I'm a peaceful, quiet, shy person by nature, and would never deliberately have done anything to hurt that show, because I legitimately loved my time with the cast.

I'm just really pissed off about the whole thing. </rant>
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote