Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #3127 (permalink)
IamTimmeh
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
If you think that "The National Anthem" has any trace of 'noise' in it (by definition it doesn't, by aesthetic it really doesn't either), I'd hate to see you tackle a Mingus jazz album, let alone a Merzbow album...

I mean, the horns just produce chaos. Atonality. There's beauty in that. The contrast, the fervor, the uproar... Ten times more impacting than any smooth-faced instrumental bit off of OKC.
I hope you realize, this entire site is to discuss noise. There's only one song I can name that doesn't have noise in it, and even such song, can be called noise. And no, I probably couldn't listen to your abstract jazz for more than a couple minutes. Why should I be forced to? I prefer tonality and tranquility in a piece. Is that really so bad? I admitted my mistake in calling Radiohead Avant Garde. I also said I don't really like avant garde that much either. Or free jazz, or any music without a definite structure to it. And no I don't want to argue over what structure means. Different strokes for different folks, eh?
IamTimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote