Music Banter - View Single Post - 101 Albums That May Not Change Your Life But I Really Like and You Might Too
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Raust
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Really the only question the album poses is whether or not this is the band's masterpiece or masterstroke? Enslaved are proud champions of a 5/5 on reliable releases in the last seven years. That is no easy achievement even for the best of bands, so they definitely have earned some trust. I remember musing in 2008 about how they were going to top Vertebrae (2008) and they have once again knocked me on my ass ever since I started listening to them in 2006. Axioma Ethica Odini (2010) is one of those albums that will go down in time as one of the best in that field. If the band were to fold up tomorrow, they would forever be immortalized as the quintessential black metal band. Forget Burzum and Mayhem, anyone wishing to turn someone into a black metal believer or to disprove someone's naive claim that black metal is nothing more than kids pretending they are smarter than everyone who believes in religion, will turn to this album.

The best album of 2010.
Great review. It's good to see that your reviewing again. This is also my favorite album of '10 so far

Last edited by Raust; 10-31-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Raust is offline   Reply With Quote