Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #2505 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
I've been at MB for a year now (as you probably all know), and I've kept a list of all the bands that I discover (mostly here, but also in various other places, like Last.Fm) that catch my eye. Can anyone tell me what a good starting point (as in an album) would be for:

The Haunted
Ulver (I know they've covered a lot of genres. I'm mostly looking for
The Smalls

For The Haunted I would recommend their 2004 album rEVOLVEr (2004), it has the most diversity in the vocal department, but also switches around between thrash metal and hardcore punk in terms of sound.

If you want Ulver's most electronic album then I think their 2000 album Perdition City would be the most obvious choice, and anyone who's heard the album would agree.

As for The Smalls you can either go Waste and Tragedy which is more straight forward punk with a bit of a jazz and metal edge to it, or you can go with their 1999 album My Dear Little Angle which is far more a hard hitting hard rock/ punk album that has some really amazing songs on it. You can really go either way and not be disappointed.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote