Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:52 AM   #599 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
So... my flatmate and I have made a pact to go vege for a month over the summer, but we're still going to eat dairy products and eggs. Does anyone have any good ideas for vege meals/snacks or advice in general?

Most likely we'll gravitate towards an Indian vegetarian diet, as we already eat curry 3-4 times a week, and we can simply replace the meat with lentils, soybeans and paneer... that, and the fact that Indian vege food is fantastic! But I'm open to any ideas and frankly, I'm happy to have the excuse to buy things like olives, okra and eggplant

I'm not sure what to do for snacks. I'm thinking trail mix, falafel, oatmeal & yoghurt, celery/carrots & dip, mushroom pate and extra fruit with the money we'd otherwise be spending on meat.
Mediterranean Veggie food tends to be pretty good, Greek stuff especially; Chickpeas, Goats Cheese... Hummus and Bread is a pretty damn simple snack that will fill you up, and it's going to give you some of the nutrients you're missing from a lack of meat.

If you can, eat a lot more iron/protein than you normally would; if you don't counter the amount that you're losing by not eating meat, you're gonna start feeling crappy as a result. Broccoli, Spinach, Eggs :P

if you're a curry type of person, Saags are awesome

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote