Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Beatles album?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #456 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlittlekitten View Post
Abbey Road? WTF. I'm guessing the majority of voters aren't Beatles fans, cos no Beatles fan, unless their a wrong'un, rates Abbey Road/Sgt Pepper.

Oh and the answer's Revolver. Blats. White Album not far behind.
I love Abbey Road! It's perhaps not the best collection of songs; while there are some truly excellent songs on it, my favourite songs would be on other albums. But as an album in itself, it's utterly fantastic.

There are few sections of any album that I enjoy more than the medley sequence at the end of Abbey Road, it's so perfectly written and put together that it's almost impossible to listen to each song separately; they HAVE to be listened to as a whole. Combined with songs like I want you, Oh Darling, Because... It's an album that I enjoy from start to finish, and also an album which is paced perfectly. The total is far, far more than the sum of its parts, which is why I would personally say that it is at least on a par with any other album they have ever made.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote