Music Banter - View Single Post - One Very Important Thought: Dayvan Cowboy's Confessions As A BOC Nut
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #67 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Zoe's Recommendations:

Okay, so the purpose of this post is two things. First off, Zoe is my IRL name. I thought I'd tell you guys as very few people actually know my name on here. The second reason is to recommend you some stuff I've been digging recently.

Zs: New Slaves

This is an odd little album, and completely different from their 2007 effort Arms. This is not an avant-garde jazz album, this is a DROOOONE album in the style of Fuck Buttons with electric guitars and saxophones. Completely awesome, completely abrasive, but also one of this year's best releases.

Zs: Arms

There's a story about Howard Stern commenting on the first opening notes of Woodworking, with him saying "it's mood music... if you're in a mental home,". I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I love Zs, and I feel like he shouldn't put down such a good avant-jazz album. I strongly recommend this to fans of Kayo Dot.

Extra Life: Secular Works

It would make me extremely happy if just one of you guys, just one, would download this and review it for me. I love this album to death, and I would love to share it with you.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote