Music Banter - View Single Post - Mike Vick (American Football Player.)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Welp, Vick is back in the NFL.. and was putting up MVP type numbers before his injury. He's coming back this week I think, I am pretty excited to see what he does. I became an Atlanta fan when they drafted Vick and always rooted for him. He was always an under rated QB in Atlanta... Everybody was in awe of his skills but he never got credit for being as good as he was because he didn't fit a specific mold for a QB. If Vick would have had better coaching that allowed him to utilize his strengths, he would have been an absolute monster. Instead, Vick got criticized for running too much, and his coaches tried forcing him into a pocket passed, which made no sense at all. As his passing numbers improved, his team got worse. He took Atlanta to the NFC Championship and lost to Philly, and those ATL teams he were on were not very talented at all.

With the whole dog fighting thing... What he did was wrong. I find animal cruelty disgusting, but you have to understand that everyone has different upbringings and cultures. He definitely knew it was wrong, but you become desensitized to the horror of some things because of the situations you are brought up in. He served his time, paid his dues, and I have no problems with Vick now. I root for him every weekend that he plays.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote