Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #734 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
Go Bills! Haha.

I know nothing of football, so if anyone could tell me what games would be worth watching this Sunday, that'd be great.
First tip about football, stop being a Bills fan heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
What Randy does is take the top off the defense and expand the field for underneath guys. You either play a safety over top of Moss or you risk getting burned. So in that aspect Moss was a huge help to the team, and Harvin definitely benefited ... but the thing with Moss is that he gets frustrated when safeties are constantly shading him. And that results in him not giving a ****. You could see it last game when he got interfered with, and then just completely gave up on a ball he could have easily caught.

The Vikings were a soap opera without Moss, and the general feeling is that Childress really isn't running that team.. Having Randy on the teams just makes it more of a soap opera and harder to keep everyone focused and on the same page.

I just think Randy made it impossible for the Vikes to keep him. He goes on a rant and embarrasses a catering service which puts a bad taste in his teammates mouth. He stands at a press conference and throws his teammates under the bus for not listening to the tips he gave them on New England.. Then he praises the Patriots to no end... after not even going half speed during the game and totally giving up on a should-have-been TD pass by Favre. All these things in just a few weeks. He's a guy who doesn't try, doesn't care, calls out teammates, and made a really bad impression on his new teammates.

Vikings aren't going anywhere this year with or without him. They are as good as done as far as I'm concerned. Favre isn't going to get any healthier, it's a matter of time before Travaris Jackson is starting. And their defense just isn't doing what it did last year. Vikings are going to have to really change things up next year (Favre, Childress both gone)
Absolutely, and I agree with you on pretty much every point. The only reason I bring it up is because I think many people are quick to say it was a good move because he didn't help the team any. Yeah, he's going to clash with the coach, he's going to possibly create a strife with some players, and he's going to go 100% only some of the time.... but, as a whole, the team benefited when he was on the field.
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote