Music Banter - View Single Post - San Francisco Bans Happiness
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Children aren't supposed to have choices. That's why they have parents. Unfortunately, not every pair of parents is capable of making good decisions for their children. McDonalds should start sterilizing the population through its food instead. I agree with you, Urban.
I think children should have choices, but they should be guided. I agree that a parent feeding their kid McDonald's enough for the kid to become obese is ridiculously bad parenting. While I don't see anything wrong with an occasional burger on the run or what have you, I really don't think a solid plan for combating obesity is going to be taking away one bad choice from an already bad parent. Educating parents would be a better idea... but most of all, providing other healthier options that don't cost an arm and a leg that can meet the needs of parents who may just not have any other viable options.

That's the sad thing... healthy food literally does cost a lot more than non healthy food, because of the way it's mass produced and marketed. If the government wants less fat kids, then they need to help provide more affordable and convenient healthier options for parents to choose from instead of limiting them.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote