Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #748 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I can't pin that much on Romo. He's been a pro bowler 3 of the 4 years he has been starting and has one of the highest QB ratings ever for a career. He's thrown about double the TDs as interceptions. I think it's more lack of leadership from a coaching position. I don't think Romo is the type of leader guys like Peyton, Brees, brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, etc are.

Has to be tough being a Dallas coach with Jerry Jones looming over you with his ego. I think he hired Wade and stayed with him because he's a guy you can kind of push around and isn't gonna really speak up or question anything Jerry says or does. Safe to say Wade is probably gone next year.
how much do you really know that these guys are leaders? i mean peyton sure but past that i don't really hear about that. i suppose they all lead by example well.

the reason why wade is still coach is jerry's ego. he didn't want to admit to making a mistake when it's been clear for years. i bet he goes with a big name that will take control like: cowher, gruden, parcells, or john fox. but jerry taking a lesser role in personnel decisions? no chance. to be honest, their roster is very good from a talent perspective. not so sure about how good they are in terms of fit...