Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #657 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Really?

I actually thought you might've been half-joking when you asked because I don't think it could be any more obvious that humans use their intelligence to better the world.

Some examples? Maybe the human intelligence that led to medical breakthroughs in treating diseases with medicine. Or maybe the human intelligence that led to modern day automobiles, or automobiles at all actually... Human intelligence which led to all of our modern day technology... Phones, computers, the internet, microwaves, etc.

The list could probably go on for days. I mean if human intelligence isn't responsible for all of these amazing things, then what is?
Okay, you just gave a me a list of human inventions, but I don't see any of them bettering the world. Medicine is the most positive thing on your list but it is generally used to help just humans, by and large, so not a particularly good example of bettering the world, and not really one that sets us apart from other species either. I mean I'm sure ants do plenty of things that benefit other ants but I'd hardly describe that as "bettering the world". Every other thing you mentioned is neutral at best. I mean, honestly, in what way is a microwave oven bettering the world?
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote