Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #659 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

What I've been saying for three pages or so is that bettering our species is really all that matters to me. I couldn't care less about the advancement of ants. Or cows. Or pigs. I just don't care, I'd rather eat them than worry about their feelings or the advancement of their species. A lot of animals are most valuable when killed, then eaten.

Quote:
Okay, you just gave a me a list of human inventions, but I don't see any of them bettering the world. Medicine is the most positive thing on your list but it is generally used to help just humans, by and large, so not a particularly good example of bettering the world, and not really one that sets us apart from other species either. I mean I'm sure ants do plenty of things that benefit other ants but I'd hardly describe that as "bettering the world". Every other thing you mentioned is neutral at best. I mean, honestly, in what way is a microwave oven bettering the world?
Medicine is not an example of bettering the world? Hahaha, I guess we have drastically different viewpoints then. Personally, I view saving and/or improving millions of lives as a positive thing for the world. I guess you... don't? I almost find that hard to believe.

Phones, computers, all things technology related, improve society. They make the world a better place. Unless you think it was better when everything was word-of-mouth and information was delivered using the pony express. All those inventions were created because of human intelligence.

To say that human intelligence has never done anything to better the world is crazy.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote