Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #662 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
What I've been saying for three pages or so is that bettering our species is really all that matters to me. I couldn't care less about the advancement of ants. Or cows. Or pigs. I just don't care, I'd rather eat them than worry about their feelings or the advancement of their species. A lot of animals are most valuable when killed, then eaten.

Medicine is not an example of bettering the world? Hahaha, I guess we have drastically different viewpoints then. Personally, I view saving and/or improving millions of lives as a positive thing for the world. I guess you... don't? I almost find that hard to believe.

Phones, computers, all things technology related, improve society. They make the world a better place. Unless you think it was better when everything was word-of-mouth and information was delivered using the pony express. All those inventions were created because of human intelligence.

To say that human intelligence has never done anything to better the world is crazy.
What you're doing here is making an argument that is not only extremely myopic but also completely circular. What I was trying to do in the past couple posts was to get you to step back for a second and consider what you are actually basing your opinions on. But it looks like you're going to remain stuck in circular reasoning for the time being.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote