Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #673 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
Nor does he want to, lulz.

But on a previously brought up subject, I agree with you mojo, it's really annoying to keep getting the posts of burgers and ****. Just makes em look like twats though, especially when the veggies here have been pretty respectful
Thats it. I like to have a laugh with vegetarians too, it's fun. However people have been posting these pictures, whether it be of burgers or dead animals, throughout this entire thread completely unprovoked or without reason.

And eh, this is now a completely redundant argument as far as I can tell. For something to help the world, it would need to help just that, the WORLD that we live in. Whether it be the environment, the climate, and no matter how big or small a change it makes.

Computers, mobile phones and even medicine help our QUALITY of life, our day to day existence and as far as medicine goes, the LONGEVITY of our lives. Medicine helps us live longer and as a result, increase in numbers. It means that there are more of us. There is an even an argument to be had there if an increasing population is actually good or bad for the world but I'm not getting into that.

Basically, every thing you have told us helps the world benefits human life. However human life accounts for only a small part of the world. The world would still be here if we died out. If you keep that in mind, that the world goes on without us, then how does a mobile phone make a blind bit of difference? How does anything that simply improves a humans quality of life contribute towards making the world a better place if thats ALL it does?

But as i said, you cant see the difference so fuck it, I'm sick of this argument now.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote