Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #680 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I do think most animals are stupid. And the ones that are smart can't really use their intelligence to better the world. Like I said, the advancement of humans is all that really matters.
The world never needed bettering until we came along.
All the other animals can co-exist with each other and can, even without intent or intelligence at all, maintain a synergy of balance for all living things on the planet. We cannot. With all our "intelligence", we place some arbitrary importance on our own emotions and desires at the cost of everything around us. The entire notion that we're bettering anything at all is completely self-serving. I guarantee you that if humans all disappeared from the face of the earth, in the context of all the other species out there and life on this planet in general, things would only get better. Not worse. There is absolutely no denying that. It would be absurd to do so. But guess who does it all the time...

Us.

I'm not going to pretend I don't have a stake in my own species, but I can guarantee you I'm not so blind as to think that we're anything but a negative consequence.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote