Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 50 albums of TheFolkslave
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
TheFolkslave
Music Addict

45. Empyrium - Weiland (2002)

Genre: Neofolk

To celebrate the comeback of Empyrium I decided to present their Weiland album as my next album on the list.
Empyrium is a german neofolk band that started out as a doomy folk/black metal band. Empyrium was founded in 1994. Empyrium draws its inspiration heavily from nature which can be seen from their album and song titles. Empyrium has released four albums and a retrospective compilation album. The first two albums are more metal influenced and the last two are all acoustic folk albums. Also the first albums were sung in english and the last was sung completely in german.
Weiland was the last album Empyrium recorded before they disbanded in 2002. The album is divided into three chapters Heidestimmung ("Moor Sounds"), Waldpoesie ("Forest Poetry") and Wassergeister ("Water Spirits").
I used to listen to Empyrium alot when I was younger. I still have all their albums and listen to them from time to time. I can't even put into words how happy I felt when I heard that they are writing new music after all these years.

Track listing

Heidestimmung:
1. Kein Hirtenfeuer glimmt mehr
2. Heimwärts
3. Nebel
4. Fortgang
5. A Capella
6. Nachhall

Waldpoesie
7. Waldpoesie

Wassergeister
8. Die Schwäne im Schilf
9. Am Wasserfall
10. Fossegrim
11. Der Nix
12. Das blau-kristallne Kämmerlein

Well I come from the old time baby, where all the kids are crazy.
TheFolkslave is offline   Reply With Quote