Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #1722 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

From dankrsta:

Suicide (1977) - Suicide

So dankrsta sent me the debut album by the American electronic protopunk musical duo, Suicide. Another album that needed the right push to get me to listen to it.

Surprisingly, the album is very easy to listen to. Not a "grower", as I had expected, and I loved it the second I put it on. It's the industrial monotonous daunting sound that caught my attention. The songs vary from dynamic, like the opening track Ghost Rider to the somehow sweet, Cheree, which is all the variation I need to stay in the mood for more musak!

All the songs in there are good. I don't find myself fighting my urges to skip any given track, which is always good news. Still, the one that truly stands out for me, or haunts me in other words, was obviously Frankie Teardrop. It beats watching a gore movie at night! This guy's screams sound like the screeches of a cat getting its skin peeled off of its body! Damn I loved it!!
So I think that's enough exclamation marks for one single song. So thank you for that great album D...

Happy Nightmare Baby (1987) - Opal

So we had a double trade, and here's the second album dankrsta sent me, the debut by Psychedelic band Opal.
I really loved that one too. It's like all my favourite 60s bands got together, and gave birth to an 80s band. It all sounds so familiar yet very different. And the album is strangely homogeneous though it varies from Garage, to Psych then Folk... I haven't written any review in while, so I'm at a loss of words right now, so all I'm going to say, that I loved every track on this album, but I still haven't spotted my favourites.

Double thanks D.

bob.'s review will be next. Hopefully soon. And I apologize for my tardiness, again.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote