Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 05:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
shadowsniper
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Wow, you can't expect me to read anything about what you just said...though I will make an attempt. Where to start where to start.......

That's why he gassed his own people? A wonderful man....Please don't talk about how wonderful a man Hussein is, it flaunts your ignorance.

The reason I say that I don't care about a foreigners opinion (other than the fact that I don't) is that many of you are force fed opinions in your news of America and Americans. It is ridiculous what your news is, just as our news. All news tries to show the best (or worst) of things. The fact that I live in a military town (the biggest naval base in the world is around the corner) makes a lot of opportunities open for me to ask friends and others what is going on. The military (especially the higher up) know more about what's going on than you or I will ever know.....Next quote

Well, we did support Castro during his revolution. We wanted a change, and it didn't work out. So we aren't allowed to put sanctions on people? Like OPEC did back in the day? Everyone uses sanctions to try to put others in a situation, hoping we can incite a revolution of Castro, since we are against Communism. Cuba=Communist, so we aren't going to support them. Common Sense. You make it seem as if it is all about "OIL". Explain to me why we didn't attack Saudi Arabia, which has twice the oil. Maybe we weren't satisfied with the weapon inspections going on? You say news skips things, and we forget quickly. Possibly you are forgetting, we did find Long Range Missiles that Iraq was not supposed to have because of UN sanctions. But I guess it's the UN's fault, who are they to impose sanctions?
First of all. His own people? Well if your concidering Kurds his own people... Kurds dont even concider them selves Iraqi. They are the largest ethnic group on earth without a nation. They happily would take over north Iraq to try to create their own nation. Why do you think Hussein gassed them? Because they revolted against him. No one has been able to impose law in Iraq before and they revolted against the British in 1920.

I present to you facts and you make it sounds like I am justifying him or making him sound great. If the facts are more justifying of his actions or make him seem better, maybe its because you had such a devilish view of him that when you hear something a little better then you think they are trying to make him sound like a god. Of course he is horrible, he tortured people. He would put explosive packages on people and blow them up in the middle of the desert (I know, I have video of it), he would tie people on poles and have firing squads shoot at them (I also have references to that), why dont try to twist my perceptions to try to make people think I am a Nazi, fascist or any other negative attachments. I at least support things with facts and dont present much opinion. Whos flaunting ignorance?

So if you think foreigners dont know much because they dont live here, how can you do the same and think they are force fed information? Do you watch their news? How do you know this? Please dont talk about others doing something you dont like and then do it; dont be a hypocrit.

Why dont you try to also see you are listening to propaganda your self, not from volentary news medias, but by government agencies like the military. Which one has more twisted reports? The military sells out wars and justifies them selves to try to make their soldiers moral higher. How dramatic would it be if a soldier totally didnt want to fight. If the news is negative, thats maybe because the negative is more important. Good news is there to be bathed in, bad news is presented to be fixed. Obviously there is alot of fixing to do recently. If you want to live in ignorance, thats fine. I dont though. If they are bad and you cant say something back by facts to oppose it, then its because its true.

The higher ups know about military operations, they dont know much about politics, economics, justifications, or other things that are more retrospective and wide.

With Castro, well we didnt want change in Cuba before. We already did that, it was during the Spanish-American war! If baptista was there, its our own fault. He was as worst or worst than Castro. So I guess your solution is to starve people into having a revolution? I think it does the opposite, it makes people hate the country impossing sanctions. Its always showed as superficial problems. Its simple, you dont like communist because they wont suck up to you, not because you care for their people. America doesnt really care for other people than its own interest. Why would they, I wouldnt really care for other peoples around the world if I was president, well not really, I would, but I have priorities. Its common sense. Why do we "support" or not have sanctions on China? They are communist... According to you, we should have sanctions on them too. Well they dont, why? Because they bring in the cash.

Dont ask me why we didnt attack Saudi Arabia, I already had like 3 paragraphs on all of that. If your open and want to learn, I suggest you stop being lazy and read my previous posts, why I posted so much is because I need to straighten things out. I see alot of superficial facts being brought up and the truth is never investigated. Go read now if you want to continue a debate on subjects like Saudi Arabia.

We werent satisfied with inspections in Iraq because they didnt have any. We were maybe convinced they had some because we only listened to these people who are from there that were interested in creating a war in their own profit. That truck container that was supposedly making chemical weapons was actually a farming truck for insectacides. Those barrels you found were also the same, I know, I could read the french labels on them. Maybe you could hire translators. Even your inspectors cant find the WMD. Of course they were probably hidding stuff, how would you react if a country that was going to attack you soon was checking out all our strategic stuff. So let me guess, we are going to take all your weapons away and we will then attack you... How do you want them to react?

I didnt forget those missiles he wasnt supposed to have. I am not an idiot and I dont have this problem with forgetting things like that. What did Saddam order when we found them? Maybe your forgetting. He slowly started destroying ALL of them. Oh, but then you still attacked and he couldnt use them against you. So that was smart of him I guess... The UN has no power any more, we can see how America has their finger on the UN. The UN couldnt stop your illegal war, how much power do u think they have. All these UN sanctions are because of how you control the whole Security Council. Anyways, sorry if I sounded like I am blaming Americans, I am not. I am blaming this administration. I live in America and I love it. I have nice friends and there are alot of nice people. Just a couple redneck ignorant people who live for the army and navy, and military might of this nation. Like those who support that star wars system. Its a stupid system that will fail when 1000 missiles are launched at once and only one of them contains a actual nuke and we can only destroy 10% of them. Anyways. To you now chap.
shadowsniper is offline   Reply With Quote