Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 50 albums of TheFolkslave
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
TheFolkslave
Music Addict

44. Suffocate For **** Sake - Blazing Fires and Helicopters on the Front Page of the Newspaper. There’s a War Going On and I’m Marching in Heavy Boots (2008)

Genre: Post-metal, sludge, post-rock, screamo

Suffocate For **** Sake is a swedish band that mixes warm post-rock melodies with violent sludge, post-hardcore riffs and screamo vocals. They also use lengthy samples of spoken Swedish over their tracks.
Blazing Fires and Helicopters on the Front Page... is the bands first full length album and follows a swedish girl when she's looking back to the time when she got put in a mental institute.
I first heard about this band from my friend. The name was the first thing that caught my interest and my expectations weren't so high because of the name but when I listened to the album I was proven wrong. I really loved the album and it is now one of my favorite albums. I really love the overall feeling of the album and the theme of loosing control of yourself. I love the swedish spoken parts and the fact I know swedish adds alot to it. I find the whole listening experience really overwhelming. Go listen to this album now if you haven't already!

Track listing

1 Blue Lights and Sunshine
2 I Got Worried…I Was So Freaking Scared of That Window, You Know
3 We Are Driving Through Darkness
4 Twenty-Six and Full of Plans
5 A Japanese Flag
6 I Keep My Eyes on the Ground, Afraid of Meeting Someone I Know
7 Empty
8 They Try to Cheer Me Up By Saying I Did Once Live a Functioning Life

Well I come from the old time baby, where all the kids are crazy.
TheFolkslave is offline   Reply With Quote