Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 AM   #713 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

I feel like the thread is very one-sided, or at least what I've read. The people standing up for vegans/vegetarians/non-meat eaters/etc have all of these supporting statements and such.
And the meat-eaters are like, I don't give a ****, I like meat. Or **** you guys, you're being stupid, look at this burger. Or I just like the meat, I feel bad sometimes but whatever. Or we're supposed to eat meat.

I feel like it's the argument against homosexuality. What, because we started out eating meat, everyone has to eat it? It's stupid to think otherwise?
What about the fact that there are many opinions in the world, not just one.
What about being respectful to the multiple types of people who have these opinions and not shoving it in their face that they hold one that's a bit different?

I think a lot of people are just in here to be rude, and it makes for a really obnoxious and invalid debate. People like Dirty are just saying things because they can, not because they know anything. People like Loose-Lips are just answering the question like a million other people did.

I just feel like it's going around in circles. If you're going to post in this thread and try to make conversation, then read some of the things said previously. If not, then what's the point of posting in the thread in the first place? Nobody gives a **** if you're ONE more person who likes meat and doesn't give a **** about animals if you have nothing more to say on the subject.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote