Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #750 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post
If we were at the 'top of the food chain' we'd be eating tigers, among other things. Not that we deserve any credos for surviving 'by sheer ability' anyway, when it could just as well have been luck that we avoided the fate of now-extinct species. Our race is young -- we could still disappear. Hitler rose to the top, but almost no one thinks he should be congratulated. And our sense of ethical behavior wouldn't be ethical if we just copied what other animals do, especially if we consider them less mentally developed.
1) I'm fairly sure people would eat tigers if they could!

2) I actually had a conversation about how impressive a person Hitler was quite recently... I don't like what he did with the power he had, but I have respect for the way he got into power.

3) We have no moral justification for killing other animals, I agree. However, it's not something that will ever bother me enough to stop. Given a choice between a steak and perfect moral responsibility and understanding, leading to a form of nirvana in life, I'd choose the steak.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote