Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 50 albums of TheFolkslave
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
TheFolkslave
Music Addict

40. Arcade Fire - Funeral (2004)

Genre: Indie rock

Arcade Fire is an indie rock band from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The band is fronted by the husband and wife Win Butler and Régine Chassagne. Arcade Fires members are multi-instrumentalist and they use alot of instruments beyond the usual band instruments guitars, bass and drums. They use instruments like piano, violin, cello, glockenspie, French horn, accordion, mandolin and hurdy-gurdy. The band members also switch instruments throughout their live shows.
Funeral is the bands debut full-length album released on September 14, 2004. The album received a huge praise from fans and critics alike and made its way into many "Top albums of 00's" lists.

I remember seeing the music video for "Wake Up" somewhere and liked it really much so I downloaded it. A little later my brother bought it as a present for me.
This is a really lovely album and I love Arcade Fire. I think this album never gets old for me since it's a fun album to listen to. What else can I say? I think all of you have heard this album so I don't think I have much more to add.

Track listing:

1. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
2. Neighborhood #2 (Laïka)
3. Une année sans lumière
4. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
5. Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)
6. Crown of Love
7. Wake Up
8. Haiti
9. Rebellion (Lies)
10. In the Backseat

Well I come from the old time baby, where all the kids are crazy.
TheFolkslave is offline   Reply With Quote