Music Banter - View Single Post - American History X
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Yes I was watching the movie closely, I don't watch them and say stupid things like "oh, it wasn't very realistic so I don't like it that much"

I remember what I thought about the film when I watched it.
Surprisingly, re-watching a film I didn't find all that good isn't high up on my priorities. So I'll get round to watching it when I'm good and ready, I don't feel it's essential I rewatch it because I remember enough about it to have a valid opinion.
If I remember rightly his father was a racist, he picked up his ideals and was part of a gang, killed 2 black men who tried to break in his house, went to prison, befriended a black guy, didn't shy away from his friendship with the black guy, got raped in the showers because of that. Got out of prison, tried to stop his brother from going down the same path. - I really don't need to watch it again because I "don't remember it well or wasn't really watching the movie all that closely."

The message of the film: racism is bad.
You're telling me it has more depth to it, but you're not exactly explaining what depth it has? You just explained the plot "a movie telling a story of how race has influenced the lives of these two people" - I think I gathered that much.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote