Music Banter - View Single Post - Experience the darkness of reality.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #68 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofdarkness View Post
You comment is the only one worth reading, so I will answer with enthusiasm and without Google.

I know 2 black metal bands: Samael and Cradle of filth. Most of black metal is actually plain screaming.

For the dark music: I wanted to post about that. Do you know any dark songs that are worth listening to?
Black Metal is most certainly not just screaming. I've had a recent introduction to metal from a very helpful member on here and I know now that metal isn't "just screaming" (though I am a fan of the occasional screamy song)

Because I'm feeling nice today, and I feel like giving people music to listen to, I'm going to give you a few dark songs to listen to.

EXTRA LIFE - BLACKMAIL BLUES

You might not like the singing, but the music behind it is phenomenal. And if you're interested, here's an interesting live video I found.

KAYO DOT - MARATHON

A metal band I was introduced to a while back that I currently love very much. While they're not for everyone, they're still a very good band and I recently was able to become last.fm friends with the drummer (!).

BOARDS OF CANADA - MUSIC IS MATH

Geogaddi-era BOC was ****ing dark. Music Is Math never ceases to give me nightmares, and the ending is pure scaryness. I would understand if you didn't like it though. Electronic music isn't for everyone. PLEAAAASE turn this onto 720p on the youtube page. It'll sound much better.

THE MARS VOLTA - THE DRUNKSHIP OF LANTERNS

While The Mars Volta isn't the darkest of bands, they sure have an amazing singer who I'm jealous of. This band has everything you want. Two guys with afros, prog, an awesome guitarist, and several other cool things you should find out yourself. I strongly recommend you go and download De-Loused In The Comatorium. It's their best album.

And here's a warning for you:
Don't restrict yourself to one sound/genre/style. Broaden your horizons and don't be afraid to ask for help. Which goes to say that not all non-dark music is bad. I know several light, fluffy, fun bands that deserve some sort of ultimate music award.