Music Banter - View Single Post - How Do You Feel About the Concept of Infinity?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Well if you agree with the principle of the law of conservation of energy then it's reasonable to assume that energy was always present in some form, and simply coalesced or cataclysm[ed] at some point or another (the big bang being a result of that) and changed form into what we recognize today as subatomic matter.

I personally don't believe there was nothing, then something. It's easier for me to believe that energy itself, in a primal form, is a natural state of existence in all contexts, in the same sense that we tend to think of nothingness as being a natural state of existence without an influencing factor. If this is the case, there would be no need for it to have been created... there would only have been a need for it to have changed form.

The force that could have caused that change would then be the real question. I would tend to just chalk it up to potential given enough time.

Adding to this, when people speak about the outer boundaries of the universe, I wouldn't think it so hard to believe that it's simply the zone where this change is still happening further and wider into an infinite area of primal energy, which would pretty much be creating more space for our universe to expand into.
Yeah, but on both accounts, time and space, you come to the conclusion that there was an infinite something which came out of the infinite something. And it's been there forever. My time and space bound brain can't really rap around it, I need an end and a begging to make sense of anything and there doesn't appear to be one logically.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote