Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #531 (permalink)
Toao
Groupie

First off, I'm not knocking anyone's personal preference, or life choices.

I just voiced my opinion, which is coming from someone that pretty much isn't biased. And obviously, the majority feels the same. And for the record, I'm not a "church person either."

I don't want to knock them, but it seems kind of odd they can say "god loves everyone," and then turn around and say "god hates ***s."

The only one trolling is the person saying it's trolling, and then saying "why would a straight man marry another man." If you can't grasp the concept of it being an example, than you probably aren't really going to understand the basic debate. Once again, slowly. A straight man can't choose to marry a man either, so it really isn't discrimination. I love my dog, but should I be able to marry it? Sure, you can't marry a dog, but why?
It is between a man & a woman. If they make it ok for a man to marry a man, then what's stopping it from being that a man can marry two women. Or a goat, & so on.

If you really look at the whole history of it, it looks like a personal feud between gays & the church. It's not discriminatory against anyone, for the reason I said. It is just the basic rule of "marriage." People are just against using the term "marriage," most people seem to be fine with some sort of civil union. And I also pointed out a way to have a permanent, legal family bond, that has been going on for decades.

The law that is discriminatory is the one barring them from military service. Besides being stupid to turn away someone willing to risking their life to serve the country, it also bars them from benefits, the G.I. bill, and much more.

And as far as this

Quote:
Also, I don't know where you're from, but where I come from we don't believe the Federal Government should tell law abiding citizens what they should do in their own home. And we don't allow laws to effect people differently.
That's funny, because that state seems to believe it's ok for the federal government to tell someone dying of cancer they can't smoke something that will ease the pain of chemo, and be grown in their own back yard, for free. So that comment is incredibly weak.
Toao is offline   Reply With Quote