Music Banter - View Single Post - Where are the record stores?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
bluesfool
Groupie

Default Where are the record stores?

All across America record stores are closing its doors. Who is to blame? There are a number a factors. One, the economy has hit everyone hard. No one is spending like they used to. Two, downloads. It seems that the younger generation would rather download than visit the local record store. Three, the internet. Before the internet, no one had much of a choice but to visit their local record store. Napster and iTunes are the primary reason of the downloading insurgent, along with recordable cd devices. I'm missing the aura
of the record store. All but memories now. I can recollect the days of purchasing three or four LPs on a weekly bases. A hangout to keep out of trouble. I lived for the record store. Now, I have to resolve in purchasing my music either over the internet or downloading. The record stores are becoming the thing of the past. And in the process, has forced record store owners to seek a new line of employment. This younger generation has no idea what they're missing. What lies in the future for music? No one knows for certain. But this could well be the end of the way we purchase to music.
bluesfool is offline   Reply With Quote