Music Banter - View Single Post - Where are the record stores?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hank The Drifter
Take it easy, but take it

I'm only sixteen, so I can't remember a time when there were record stores. Because around here there is literally zero that sell lesser known albums. I mean FYE sells the more well known stuff, but no independently owned record stores are still kicking in this area, sadly. I absolutely hate ordering online honestly. I download WAY more than I'd like to avoid ordering online. Its just a hassle for me because I don't have a credit card or anything like that. So, I have to rely on someone to help me out normally. Plus I would just enjoy going to the record store and looking around and possibly meeting people with similar interest in music.

I'd say a large part of record stores closing shop is because people aren't purchasing music like they have in the past. Largely due to people downloading. Its also safe to assume people don't have the money to due music like they have in the past. Also for most people iTunes is way more convenient.