Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 01:18 AM   #195 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
SONG: Veinte Anos

Oh how those two elements, man and woman, complement each other so well. And that rhythm cannot be ignored no matter how hard I try. It is a dangerous combination when both my rhythm and my femininity are awakened. I feel the gracefulness of the music in me and I sway around my bedroom letting my hair fall around me and letting my clothes fall to the floor. Its amazing how beautiful music can make you feel beautiful. If I closed my eyes I would swear I was dancing up on a table in a red dress in a dark Cuban bar.
Since you like this song and are already dancing to it, appreciating the music's sensuous seductiveness, you would probably really love dancing the tango, Flower Child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
A song that immediately transports you to a far away beach that you have no hope of reaching can be percieved as wistful folly but not for me. That's why the human brain has an exclusive area for music. It's designed to be an emotional fall back whether good or bad.

Looking upon the most intoxicating sunset and knowing peace is usually a pipe dream for the majority of us, so what is wrong with being there by proxy? This song takes me there for a few minutes and does it every time. Nothing else matters in this time and I feel like I'm the only person in the world when I hear this song.
Lovely description, jackhammer, of a song's gentle power to transport you internally to a different state of being. Just because the feelings aren't caused by the actual experience of traveling doesn't make them any less real or valid.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote