Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #1769 (permalink)
CHCl3
Desinigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolator View Post
Generally, calling someone fake means you don't approve of their image. If that's not what you meant, then you should be more clear in what you're arguing. I agree, in a perfect world, artists would not have to rely on image / gimmicks so much, but as I've told others in this thread, that's just how music is right now.
If you had actually bothered to read my post before replying you would have seen that while I don't necessarily hate gimmicks, I don't approve of Lady Gaga's. If a gimmick is reflective of the music like Marlyn Manson's or a Black Metal band then its fine as I said in the post you first quoted.

Quote:
1. Her work overall is unoriginal, and and is regurgitations of what previous pop icons have done. I don't know how many people I've seen claim she's the most original thing on the planet since existence. She has a lot of potential, definitely. Her ability to write hooks is phenomenal.
Quote:
People that point fingers screaming "OMG SELLOUT, UNORIGINAL, FAKE" make me think that they're either jealous in some way, or just anti-everything mainstream.
I agree with you but I wanted needed to point out the inconsistency.

Quote:
3. For someone who has tons of young fans, going around openly admitting she does all sorts of drugs isn't particularly considerate. The fact that it took her months to say "Oh wait.. I don't want my fans to emulate any of my behavior!" makes me question her intentions.
Wow...

This has been around in mainstream music for as long as I can remember. For someone that looks down on my argument cause it complains about something that is so common place in the music industry you would think that this one falls under the same category. Of course she is going to cover her ass so the parental groups get give them some breathing room. This is probably the most "mediocre" argument that I've heard against any artist ever.
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote