Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #791 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post
Bravo. Lucky thing you recognized it.
I make sure to attempt a positive identification of all spiders - in high school, my principal got bit by a brown recluse and it left a weird, blackened, caved in looking spot on his hand. Led me to be wary and careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
That would annoy me too. Not the fact that the beetle dies so much, but the lack of respect for you and the life of the beetle. I don't necessarily think of the killing of animals as immoral in itself, but I think animals should be treated with respect and keeping animals for meat and other things should be seen as a trade. We get meat and other products from animals, it's only fair they get something back, f.ex a happy life with minimal suffering.
Very true. I just find it especially cool that some people kill bugs for no good reason. I don't kill bugs that come into my house, but I can understand it more if people are scared of bugs and kill them out of fear. When it's something completely harmless they're completely neutral towards in terms of fear, it just seems really unnecessary to squash it "just because".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
I almost agree with this.
I don't give a **** if people eat meat in front of me but if they put it in my face, I think it's annoying. But normally, if people put something in my face like that, I think it's rude nonetheless.
I don't care if they eat it in front of me, honestly. It's the whole thinking it's humorous to taunt while doing so. It's not even that they're eating meat while they taunt so much as the fact that they're bothering me about it to begin with. I've not commented on their eating meat, and I'm not sitting there in silent judgment of what they're eating. It's just really rude for them to do something to try to get a rise out of me. I guess it's just the principle of the thing.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote