Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #698 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Ah that'll explain it.

I never read his posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Can we get back to making suggestions for improving this forum now rather than turning this thread to shit.

Thank you very much.
How about MB install a hypocrisy detector? Or some rule to help us know how off topic we may get before Urban calls us out on it and we get in t r o u b l e!

If people feel that none of the suggestions will be taken seriously by the management, then they will be tempted to turn the thread into running jokes that bash former members (like poor Cory) or current members...like that boob, right-track.

As Freebase and others said earlier, when they joked that the site should use holograms or hot pink, the owners appear to be too busy to make changes since the site brings in little revenue and gets by as it is.

So the question I think about is this: If the owners need MB to be more lucrative for them to implement improvements we'd like, how can we make the site more lucrative = entice more members to join and stay so that the owners can charge higher advertisement fees? How do we increase traffic?

I think it was right-track who suggested interviewing famous band members on MB, which I thought was a great idea. People might be sucked in by being able to ask questions of some musician they admire in her or his own thread.

So, does anyone know any famous musician who wants to set up shop here in her or his own thread and occasionally answer questions posed by fans and non-fans?

There must be a FEW famous musicians out there who would enjoy bantering with everyday people and would be brave enough to face them in a music community setting. And if famous people showed up on the site, then the owners would probably notice this and perhaps spruce up the place a bit! Give us visitor message notifications, for instance.

Vanilla, are you in the loop with Lady Gaga?

And Urban...you could ask your beloved band Muse to make an appearance!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote