Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #720 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post

The funny thing about it is an email verification system is an extremely easy thing to implement in the forum software. It's a standard feature that just needs to be turned on. Here is an example:
Quote:
I admire your optimism, but if that couldn't be figured out for 3 years, I have little hope for any request that requires even slightly more effort than that.
Optimism?
I was thinking more in line that the reason it hasn't been implemented is because it was them that turned it off in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Well, the MB site owners are getting a little revenue from the ads, because I've seen several posted.

In fact, one of the ads is from Foundation for a Drug Free World: Substance & Alcohol Abuse Prevention, Education & Intervention. You can get a booklet about why not to use marijuana! I thought that was funny and was going to post about it in the "should the U.S. legalize marijuana thread." Also, there is some company that advertises boots here.
All the ads are run through google ads and are chosen by word association of what's been posted. It's all run by google & has nothing to do with musicbanter or the people in the advert.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote