Music Banter - View Single Post - Throbbing Gristle
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

TG are great, although I'm more familiar with what happened after. Have to get more, seriously.

Coil did have some of the most mind-bending music and experiments out of the groups evolved from TG, the favorite of mine being Horse Rotorvator, although Gold is the Metal and Unnatural History provided some great music and sounds for some Summer nights. I respected, but did not really get into, the Love's Secret Domain stuff although "Windowpane" was good.

PTV - A very mixed bag, but I sort of got into Force the Hand of Chance, occasionally play Dreams Less Sweet, and still love the Mid 80's diversion into actually denting the lower reaches of the official UK Pop Chart with "Godstar" while also for a short while checking up on the Live Album series. When they went House, it was over for me for a while, but all respect is deserved. Groundbreaking.

Chris and Cosey - I loved the Core project they did with Monte, Robert Wyatt, Boyd Rice, Lustmord and others, but I'm going to have to get out my small collection again to hear if I was seriously missing out on something the first time out (which I'm sure I am).

I'm rooted with the Late 80's-Early 90's sounds, but they're still with me. This was also the time I got Apocalypse Culture (Feral House edition) and also found the Cereal Box article interesting. Also got the Re/Search Industrial Culture Handbook...classic reading!

Last edited by Screen13; 11-15-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote