Music Banter - View Single Post - Post a Picture of Your #1 Instrument
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Underneath is a Mackie 16 channel mixer. Kind of overkill at the moment because my drums are in storage and I rarely need to record through more than one channel simultaneously while the drum mics are out of the equation, so I pretty much just used (at the time of the picture) it as a hub to give everything a dedicated channel that needed one, and those channels each go into its own input on my audio interface. Eliminated the need for plugging and unplugging all the time.

Then there's a simple passive direct box, some headphones that I'm going to miss if they ever break because I don't think they make them anymore. JVC HAM1000. Been having them for years and they're solid and sound good. I know them so well, I can do entire mixes on them with good results... so if they ever bite it, I'll be sad.

Under that are 4 Behringer rackmount processors. Enhancer, MultiFX, EQ, and Compressor. Being Behringer, they're nothing special but they're good for sculpting what comes out of the guitar pedal below or the synth above. Even then, I usually end up doing EQ and compression and all that in my music program, so they're mostly unused unless I'm trying to experiment and get a certain sound before using it. They also come in handy on the halfstack, but I barely used it at the time of that photo, and now that I live in an apartment, it's in storage indefinitely.

Below that is a Digitech RP500 modeling pedal. Has some really good distortions based on a lot of popular cabs, heads and microphones. It's a lot more useful for my current situation where I can't blast away on the halfstack.

Below that is some really gross carpet. I'm so glad I don't live there anymore, but it sucks to not be able to make noise now. Most of my gear is currently in storage and I'm itching to play with it all again. Especially my drums.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote