Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #13858 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Because it's their very first year of school (apart from kinder, which isn't part of the primary school curriculum here) they're basically out of control haha! They can't do anything on their own so they're pretty exhausting, and you have to teach them sooo much - not only the curriculum but behavioural expectations at school and social goals etc. But they are incredibly cute, so it should be a fun year
Congrats, Lateralus, on your new job!

Our local school has a wonderful young kindergarten teacher...so sweet and kind and fun. She really makes the entrance to the school experience a good one. I feel you are lucky to get a class of young kids, because you can make a such a positive difference in their lives!

And they are pretty small, so at least when they get out of control they can't hurt anyone...much. Just make sure they don't get wild with those pencils! When I helped in a 1st grade class, pencils and eyes being poked out were a constant fear for me. You turn your back and the next moment there's a pencil sword fight going on! GAA!!!

I hope you'll have an aide, because otherwise I can see how you could get run ragged with a bunch of little kids often wanting to do their own thing. After helping out, I could see why class size matters. The teacher I was helping said it would be impossible to do the job without volunteers to help, because you have to spend individual time with children evaluating their progress, which means you can't easily watch the whole class that dissolves quickly into chaos without supervision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Thank you. I've had it now though and I'm happy with it. Very happy actually. Still, I don't know how many positions they have and how many people have applied so I have no idea what my chances are.
I'm glad it went well, mojo!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote