Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #808 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Basically, since we are atop the food chain, we should use that to our advantage. We CAN eat these animals that are tasty and nutritious so why not? I think some people think about animals feelings and thoughts a little too much. Animals in the wild survive strictly off of killing and eating other animals. Sometimes I feel like others view animals almost on a higher level than actual people.
And if one human can kill and eat another, why not? We humans aren't all created equal, after all. So why have any concern for anyone...especially those weaker than you? Might makes right. (Just playing devil's advocate.)

I don't place non-human animals at the same level as humans in all mental abilities, but in certain abilities they are more capable than we are, and we are more capable in many others.

For example, if you were a dog, you and I probably wouldn't be having this conversation. But also my butt would be a bouquet of delightful scents to you! If we ranked beings according to ability to smell, or see, or take delight in something, we humans might not rank at the top.

I can't help but notice that humans usually value the traits in which they excel compared to many other animals (such as math and language ability). Coincidence? Or mere self-centeredness?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote