Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Slipknot Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #448 (permalink)
Raust
Music Addict

I can't stand Slipknot. They're another plague of the nu metal genre. I don't know how anyone could take a band seriously that hides behind masks. These guys appeal to little kids between the ages of 10-13. They think since these guys are wearing "scary masks" and "swear a lot" that there "BrOoTaL!!!". Way back when in middle school I remember a ton of people were obsessed with this band when they came out. Then in highschool the majority of the people that enjoyed there music were 15 year old kids. I never met one Slipknot fan 18 years or older in person. There music is horrible to say the least. Corey Taylor's vocal's go to very poorly immitated grunts and growls one minute and then usually when the chorus comes in he starts singing these clean unusually poppish vocals. To say the least his vocal style is a mess. If I could get a dime for every time a Slipknot fan boy ****es themselves to the name of Joey Jordison claiming "hE's ThE bEsT dRuMmEr EvEr!!!" I'd be a very rich man. Joey Jordison at best is a very mediocore drummer a lot of people fail to realize that he's accompanied by Chris Fehn and Shawn Crahan banging on there ****ty trash cans doing small fills for Joey Jordison throughout there music. A lot of Slipknot fans also fail to realize that about 1/4 of the drumming there hearing are those two losers on the trash cans. Jim Root there guitarist has been on guitar world. This is the most absurd thing ever. His playing is very ****ty. He's arguabally one of the worst guitarists in the "metal" genre, if you could even call this band metal. I don't particularaly play guitar, but some times I dable knowning how to play power chords and bar chords next to no talent what so ever. Just out of curiosity I looked up Slipknot's guitar tabs and learned how to play a handfull of songs. A talentless dude such as myself could pick up the guitar and play there guitar parts for there songs he has no talent. Also why do a lot of Slipknot fans like to be called "mAgGoTs!!!"? They do realize that every time Corey Taylor is yelling at them and calling them "MaGgOtS" he's literally calling his fans pieces of ****. And for some absurd reason they take that to heart. There proud to be the **** heads of society. No joke, if Corey started calling his fans **** eaters most Slipknot fans would wear that word on there sleeve and would love to be associated with the **** eaters. In conclusion this band is maybe one of the worst bands. I can't stand there music. If anyone here enjoys there music that's perfectly fine just don't be shoving that **** down my throat and we'll be alright I think I'm done ranting now so "StAy SiC ****HEADS!!!!"
Raust is offline   Reply With Quote