Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #15006 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Is there a teeth alignment problem that doesn't show up when you smile? What happened?

It seems in the U.S. everyone gets braces, whether they really need them or not...a waste of lots of money and they hurt! I got braces and didn't really question it when I was 16. I had a gap between my front teeth. The orthodontist wanted to get rid of it. I'm sure I could have eaten just fine with a gap. And maybe it would have closed on its own over time.

Braces seem to get rid of personality, which I find a little sad. I didn't realize they can also make teeth problems worse!
Pshh... screw personality.. I wish I had been able to get braces as a kid. My teeth are so messed up now, I have teeth behind teeth. And it's very difficult to even break a tomato slice in half with my front teeth as they don't touch. Eating is generally difficult because I have to do most of it on the side of my mouth.

Aesthetically, people don't notice because most of it is limited to the bottom teeth and they don't show all that much, but it's more of a functional thing.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote