Music Banter - View Single Post - Decline of cd sales
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
bluesfool
Groupie

The more I seriously think about the comparison between the Cd and mp3, the more I support the download . As I recall B.B. King quoating years ago, "you either change with the times or find yourself looking into an empty audience". I guess I have to change wih the times, too. The music outlets charge an adverage of anywhere from $12.00 to $16.00 for a current CD where the same album can be downloaded for $9.99. And in today's economy, some of us have to find a way to cut costs. I used to have hundreds of CDs and less room to store them. With the mp3 I can store my entite collection on a single player. It's more convient and you don't have to change disc constantly. I still purchase CDs on occasion, but 90% of my music today is downloaded. There is no way I want nor need hundreds of CDs. Especially when It comes to moving. I have observed that a lot of 'out of print' music are available through the likes of iTunes. While browsing through cduniverse.com I'm redirected to the mp3 store when an album isn't available or directed to amazon.com. It seems like these online stores are in favor of the download. So, I guess mp3 are hear to stay until something else replaces it.
bluesfool is offline   Reply With Quote