Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Influenced You Most?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Interesting question, Vanilla!

Sidewinder - introduced me to dubstep through his posts...and also to one of my favorite songs..."Fine Objects" by Eskamon. I'll post it below, just in case someone hasn't heard it yet! I had no idea before MusicBanter that I'm a dubstep person.

CanwllCorfe - also shared fine dubstep songs with me via posts.

Urban Hatemonger - I've learned about quite a few songs I like and musicians I'd never heard of before through Urban's last.fm account. So, he didn't intend to influence me musically, but he has. Two examples of such bands are T.Rex and Polvo. Also, I'd never heard any music by The Damned before checking out bands Urban was listening to. While listening to more of their music on my own I discovered their cover of "Alone Again Or," which I love.

Unchained Ballad - for a while down in the shoutbox whenever we met I'd ask him for music suggestions, and he'd share songs he likes that I'd never heard of before...so he helped broaden my music horizons.

Eskamon - "Fine Objects"

Polvo - "Time isn't on my side"

The Damned - "Alone Again Or"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 11-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote