Music Banter - View Single Post - Decline of cd sales
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

I've always been a vinyl lover. I never really like the appearance of CD's but, furthermore, I like the sound of vinyl. I'm not one of those freaks that thinks cracks and pops belong to vinyl. I really get angry when my vinyl develops 'extra' sounds. I really think the music, apart from the background noise, sounds better. So I really don't mind CD sales going down. The problem is, they are being replaced by mp3 downloads and that really really bothers me. I can hear the difference and I do care. I hope that in the future there'll be enough audiophile idiots left to keep CD and Vinyl sales going. Or I'll be having a problem.
Luckily more and more people are getting into losless (WAV, APE, FLAC) digital music. That's a good thing. The internet is getting faster, harddisks are getting bigger. I'm hoping (and expecting) that anytime soon digital music kicks the crap out of CD quality (most affordable 'high end' already support higher sample rates than a CD does).
I'll just have to wait and see, I guess. In the meantime, I'll be buying vinyl if you don't mind