Music Banter - View Single Post - M.i.a.
Thread: M.i.a.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Hitting_Singularity
Music Addict

Default M.i.a.

okay, so I'm not sure where to post this.. also I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for M.I.A. if there is please feel free point me in that direction and delete this thread.

I started listening to M.I.A. about a year ago.. I listened to Arlular and Kala, the first time it was like.. this is really weird and I wasn't sure if it was enjoyable, but after a couple more album listens I was hooked. My favorite songs were World Town and XR2

What do people think of her new album? I wasn't taken with it immediately but then that's M.I.A. for you. I thought it wasn't as good as Kala at first but after a good few months of listening to it I'd say it's about tied.

The first song I loved was 'It Takes A Muscle' There is something amazing about how she combined reggae and synthetic electronic in such a way that it actually felt like a heartfelt song

The rest of the album has grown on me as well, but especially the single XXXO. And I love the music video that is all Bollywood style

Oh and I guess I could mention that I think she is absolutely stunning..

And nobody even mention Paper Planes, it's one of her worst songs, and if that's all you've heard of her don't bother posting.. please
Hitting_Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote