Music Banter - View Single Post - Justin Bieber? Artist of the year?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #48 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek View Post
I don't know what gave you the impression, but I don't care how technically gifted people on the radio are, that's not why I dislike them. Anyone can carry a tune, that doesn't make their music any less soulless. Justin Bieber sings about the same trite things to the same tired beats that everyone else on the radio does, and people choose to pick on him because he's somewhat of an oddity, sounding like a girl and all. They don't see the hypocrisy in bashing him and then blaring the new Kesha song or Like a G6.
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Well pretty much everything's been done, it's just a matter of keeping it just fresh enough, just well-timed enough to bring it out and for it to be popular. It may have been done, but obviously all of the people who love it haven't heard it before or frankly don't give a ****.
That's actually how I handle my music collection! Well.. only with the Electronic stuff. There's new Trance, Electro, and House and all that stuff everyday. So I can get rid of the tracks that have gotten stale, and replace them with the new ones. I'd totally listen to pop more if I really enjoyed what I heard. But I simply don't. There's popular bands that I listen to like Counting Crows, Coldplay, and Dave Matthews Band. Though with Counting Crows I stick to older material.. same with Dave Matthews Band. I remember liking James Blunt when I heard him on the European MTV Music Awards. Yeah, that went downhill fast. Our radio has a way of completely gutting enjoyment from anything and everything. You like this song? Good! We were planning on playing it 4-5 times a day for the next couple of months.

Oh, and Lou Bega

Fuck yeah. I love that he came back out of nowhere.