Music Banter - View Single Post - Who are your favourite actors and why?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #148 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
^ I expected reading Richard Burton's name in the actor's list, when seeing the insertion of Liz Taylor's role in Who's afraid of Virginia Woold?. Now, she just seems lonely without her other destructive half. After this film, I somehow started to regard them as the same person.

Anyway, great list. I'll be searching for some of the films mentioned above, should be a good watch.

Cheers.
Thank you!

I am a fan of Richard Burton's as well, absolutely. I had to omit a lot of people, though, because my list would have been even more incredibly long had I not!

And those are definitely some of my favorite movies - The Children's Hour is one which it seems few people are familiar with, but it has a shining performance by Shirley MacLaine and an impressive performance by Audrey Hepburn. It's adapted from one of my favorite plays as well, by Lillian Hellman. There was a previous "adaptation" of the play in the 30s I believe (when the play was written) by director William Wyler who later went on to direct the Hepburn / MacLaine version. In the original, he changed the name to These Three and the film was adapted to be a heterosexual love triangle because he wasn't allowed to keep the true themes of the play intact. When he had the opportunity to remake it more true to the actual form (with the storyline of main characters Karen and Martha being accused of being lesbians by a child at their boarding school) he was much happier with the end result.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote