Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #949 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

The Very Best Of
Alexisonfire

Alexisonfire are hands down my favorite homeland band. They formed in 2002 in St. Catherines, Ontario and have since developed a large, loyal fanbase. Musically, they've done a fair bit of exploring, and there is little resemblance between their self-titled debut album and their most recent full-length "Old Crows/Young Cardinals". Unfortunately, many people wrongfully associate them with the hair-swoop and skinny jeans mallcore trend that has plagued hard music for the past decade, but having a screamer and a singer with a pretty voice does not automatically categorize a band as such. As they put so well in the song "Get Fighted" (which I did not include in this compilation), "this shit is not about pants, and shit is not about shirts, and this shit is definitely not about hair".

This compilation consists of what I believe are the ten best songs the band has released. I have tried to represent each album well and refrained from putting a bunch of similar-sounding songs on here.

Tracklist

You Burn First
Dog's Blood
Pulmonary Archery
The Northern
This Could Be Anywhere In The World
That Girl Possessed
Waterwings (And Other Poolside Fashion Faux Pas)
Emerald Street
It Was Fear Of Myself That Made Me Odd
.44 Caliber Love Letter

Enjoy

Last edited by Alfred; 11-24-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote