Music Banter - View Single Post - Awkward social situations
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #157 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
^ That reminds me of a horribly awkward story from when I worked in fast food.

This girl came into the fast food restaurant I worked at with her friends. She was in a wheelchair and had no arms and no legs. None. They ordered their food, her friends ordering fountain drinks with their meal, and her ordering a milkshake.

I made the milkshake, and turned around to notice that her friends were at the soda machine getting their drinks and such. The girl with no arms or legs was still at the counter, and I was holding her milkshake in my hand, so I panicked.

My mind was racing. I was thinking, Should I put a straw in it and hold it up for her to take a drink? I can't hand it to her, shoot...should I just leave it awkwardly on the counter in front of her? She's right beside my register, so I can't very well just put it down and walk away.

She was staring me down. I stood there, frozen, looked at her friends who were still at the soda machine. I opted finally to just put it down on the counter with a straw beside it, what I decided would be the appropriate action, but I felt so extremely awkward.
I would have just asked her where she wanted it.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote